27 Mars 2013
Notice of IFLA 2013 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2013 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2013, 79th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore, on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 August 2013.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.5). These must reach the IFLA Secretariat by 15 May 2013.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members in June 2013.
Wednesday, 21 August 2013, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Ingrid Parent
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in Helsinki, Finland, 11 – 17 August 2012
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of the Report of the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
- Formal announcement of the Results of the Postal Ballot for the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
Motions and Resolutions
11.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2014 (Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
11.2 Membership fees 2014 – 2016
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 22 August 2013
Thursday, 22 August 2013, 16.15–17.30
- Closing Session
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes.