Content tagged Homelessness
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Sanctuary and Support: IFLA Promotes Role of Libraries at UN Meeting on Homelessness
IFLA attended the 58th Session of the UN Commission on Social Development on 10-19 February 2020. With a specific focus for the first time on homelessness, it provided an opportunity to highlight...
News - 15 April 2020
- Report from the 58th Session of the UN Commission on Social Development
IFLA attended the 58th Session of the United Nations Commission on Social Development in New York on 10-19 February 2020, which focused on homelessness. Genilson Geraldo, Brazil, attended...
Publication - 15 April 2020
- IFLA Engages at UN to Share Library Action on Homelessness
IFLA is attending the Commission on Social Development of the United Nations, highlighting how effective library services can make a difference in finding solutions to homelessness. The...
News - 10 February 2020
- 58th Session of the UN Commission on Social Development
The UN Commission on Social Development is the key intergovernmental body for discussing the social dimension of sustainable development. Meeting annually, it provides an opportunity both...
Event - 16 January 2020
- How Libraries Provide Safe Spaces for (All) Youth
On International Youth Day 2018, IFLA released a paper exploring how libraries are working to provide safe spaces for youth. In doing so, they offer useful lessons on how to overcome the...
Publication - 12 August 2018
- IFLA Guidelines for Library Services to People Experiencing Homelessness
Introduction The IFLA Section for Library Services to People with Special Needs (LSN) focuses on those persons who, because of their living conditions and/or physical, mental, or cognitive...
Publication - 27 October 2017