20 November 2017
Call for Papers: Lebanese Library Association (LLA) 4th Conference
Call for Papers
The Lebanese Library Association (LLA) in collaboration with Asia and Oceania Regional Section (RSCAO) of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) invites papers to be submitted for LLA's 4th conference to be held from 9-11 May 2018 at the Le Commodore Hotel in Beirut, Lebanon.
Innovative libraries: Paths to the Future
In a time of change and innovation, what is the futuristic look of libraries?
Every day we are forced to make decisions based on present situations. Edward Cornish, one of the founders of the World Future Society, notes that futurists recognize “the future world develops out of the present world. Thus, we can learn a great deal about what may happen in the future by looking systematically at what is actually happening now”.
There is no doubt that technology has a lasting impact not only on our current world, but also on our future. Innovation, which is defined as the “process of translating an idea or invention into a good or service that creates value or for which customers will pay”, has been greatly driven by advances in technology.
This conference will identify and address how technology is transforming innovation in libraries. With re-imagination and clear vision, libraries are infusing new technologies while creating dynamic meeting places, digital repositories, 24/7 digital services, and remote access to physical and cloud-based collections, regardless of boundaries. Cutting edge modern architecture and design are prevalent in many libraries in the world. These libraries have become hub for information access, research and collaboration, and information sharing around the globe, even amidst tight financial resources. These libraries have adapted well in changing with the needs of their communities.
- Data and computational science and intersection with librarianship
- Bibliometrics in decision making
- Technology led innovations in library and information services
- Libraries in support of education
- Libraries, society, and government
- Literacy and digital literacy
- Engaged communities, school, public, academic, specialized, academic, and national libraries
- Libraries and the preservation of cultural memory
- Libraries and the future in times of change
- Libraries and sustainable development practices
See the full call for papers on the conference website.