14 March 2018
Notice of IFLA 2018 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2018 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2018, 84th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.5). Proposals must reach the IFLA Secretariat by 18 May 2018. Please send proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax +31 70 3834827.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members in June 2018.
Wednesday, 28 August 2018, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in Wrocław, Poland, 23 and 24 August 2017
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of IFLA’s Annual Report by the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
Motions and Resolutions
10.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2019
(Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
10.2 Motion to approve a reduction in fees for Affiliate (individual) members
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 29 August 2018
Thursday, 29 August 2018, 16.15–17.30
- Closing Session
- Address by the President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
- Presentation of Awards
- Announcement of WLIC 2020 location
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2018
- Invitation to WLIC 2019 in Athens, Greece
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes.
IFLA Secretary General
The Hague, Netherlands