19 December 2013
Call for Proposals for Ignite presentations for the 40th anniversary of the Section on Education and Training
Over the past four decades, the Section on Education and Training (SET) has supported and enhanced library and information science (LIS) education and training based on research and professional practice on an international scale. During the 2014 IFLA conference in Lyon, Monday, August 18, 2014, SET will celebrate its 40th anniversary with an off-site summit at the École Nationale Supérieure des Sciences de l'Information et des Bibliothèques (ENSSIB). The summit will address SET’s history and future by creating a collaborative forum for critical discussion that includes panels, keynotes, and Ignite sessions.
Ignite is a fast-paced event started in 2006 that uses the Ignite talk format. Speakers present a topic using 20 slides that advance automatically every 15 seconds, giving each speaker 5 minutes total.
We will have two, one-hour Ignite sessions with 10 presenters for each session. This call is for one of the sessions with the theme of "LIS education in 2050”. The presentations are meant to generate awareness and stimulate action on LIS education, training and research.
- Name, affiliation and email
- Biography - In approximately 75 words, please provide a short bio about yourself and your background.
- Presentation Title
- Abstract - In 100 words or less, what you intend to cover.
- Short Session Description - In just 20 words or less, what would the marketing blurb be to advertise your Ignite session?
Ignite proposals are assessed based on the following criteria:
- Quality of content
- Level of interest
- Relevance to the field
- Submission deadline for Ignite presentations: 31 January 2014
- Speakers informed of proposal outcomes: By end of February 2014
- Early bird IFLA conference registration deadline: 15 May 2014
- Submission of final presentation slides: 1 August 2014
- Online conference registration closes: 14 August 2014