Professional Projects and Funding
Each year, the IFLA Professional Committee approves the funding of a number of projects proposed by the IFLA Professional Units. Applications for funding can only be accepted from the Officers of an IFLA Section, or from the Committee on Standards on behalf of IFLA Standards Review Groups. Admin Funds are also available to all Sections and Special Interest Groups.
Contents of this page:
- Admin Funds
- Latest call for project proposals
- Support materials for funded projects
- Details of currently funded projects
Units may use Admin Funds for defined purposes - a small amount is allocated each year for certain activities connected with administration of the Unit.
Read the Guidelines for Admin Funds allocations and reimbursements [PDF] for more details.
For small cash reimbursements from Admin Funds on site at the WLIC, Officers may use the cash refund request form, 2019 version: [DOC].
Call for proposals 2019/20
- To apply for PC Project Funds, read the Guide to the Professional Committee Project Fund 2019 [PDF].
- Complete the Action Plan template and Resource Request Form (Word document)
- Read the Terms and conditions for PC Project reimbursements in 2019 [PDF].
Deadline for submitting project funding applications for 2019-2020 (preliminary deadline):
15 October 2019.
If your project funding request is successful, you will receive details of what the PC has agreed will be funded. The funds allocated to your project cannot be used for purposes other than those approved by the Professional Committee.
All claims for reimbursements from Project Funds must be made before the 31 December of the year of funding.
Support materials for approved projects 2019/20.
To make claims for reimbursements, it is important you read the terms and conditions below and accompany all claims with a completed copy of the IFLA Invoice.
Terms and conditions for PC Project reimbursements in 2019 [PDF].
- IFLA Invoice claim form for reimbursements [DOC].
All claims for reimbursements from 2019 Project Funds must be made before 31 December 2019.
Details of currently funded projects
The PC approved funding for the following IFLA Professional Units during 2018:
- Project meeting for "Guidelines on advocacy for Government Libraries"
Health and Biosciences Libraries
- Programmes for training health librarians: data collection
- Evidence for Global and Disaster Health SIG
- Open Access to legal knowledge (workshop 2018)
Acquisition & Collection Development
- Electronic resource guide: collaboration software
Libraries for Children and Young Adults:
- Best Practices Library Service Children: project support.
Library Services to People with Special Needs:
- Guidelines for Library Services to People Who Are Homeless: production of condensed version
- Guidelines for Library Services for People who are Deaf, Hard of hearing, or Deafblind: to support completion of the work.
- Literacy and Reading:
ISBD Review Group
- Development of the ISBD
- Bibliographic Conceptual Models Review Group
- Expert participation in user meeting
Library Buildings & Equipment
- “Library Design in the 21st Century”: colour plates for publication (not yet published)
Library Theory and Research
- Section brochure
Women, Information and Libraries SIG
- Promotional materials
- To promote and support development programmes that focus on improved information use, reading and literacy in Africa./Advocate for the endorsement of the Cape Town Declaration & Open Access/Advocacy for IAP, BSLA & new role of Public Libraries & Libraries in development
All Sections and Special Interest Groups are active and describe their activities in their Unit Action Plan for the current year. If you do not find details of their Action Plan on their web pages, contact the relevant Chair or Convener. Only those activities that have been funded by the Professional Committee are listed above for the information of other Units.
Advice from the Professional Committee on planning a project and applying for PC Project Funds: What your Section can achieve – planning and strategy.
Final list of projects funded by the PC in:
- Terms and conditions for PC Project reimbursements in 2018 [PDF]
- 2017 [PDF]
- 2016 [PDF]
- 2015 [PDF]
- 2014 [PDF]
- 2013 [PDF]
- 2012 [PDF]
- Overview of PC projects ongoing in 2008 [PDF]
Last update: 7 August 2019